Monday, December 15, 2008

Time for...

Hello again dear friends, I am so excited to be participating in another holiday home tour! I thought adding my name to the recent tours would motivate me to finally finish my decorating. I've been burning the midnight oil and I hope you like what I've come up with. If you viewed my last post, you saw LOTS of pastels. Today as promised, I will shift into red and green gear.
Buckle up!
First stop is my kitchen. If you are a regular, you have seen this hutch before. I love to change out the displays to go with the season. The snowmen decided to come out and play this year and I had to let the gingham junkie in me have her fix too. LOL!
Close ups...
This piece cracks me up. They look like they had one egg nog too many at the company Christmas party. The Byers carolers have nothing on this trio.
This is my Mary Engelbreit tree.
The details...






Alright, we have come full circle with "the wall" You have seen it in it's Spring, Summer, and Autumn glory. This is the Winter look.
I had to throw in another jar for good measure. I mean really, whose home show do you think you're at? LOL!
This stuff will probably get a relocated. This is the Island (corner) of Misfit Toys, but I had to slip in another gratuitous jar shot.
Same drill for this corner, minus the jar. I do love that Reese's box though.
Pretty knickknack on my window ledge. Next stop the family room...aka "the cave"
This is the "toy tree". A friend gave it this name because I used to display a lot of vintage toys all around it. The vintage toys happily gave way to my daughter's playthings which now reside by, in, around, and under the tree. Actually just plug in any preposition you want, and that will be an accurate description of the state of affairs in the vicinity of this tree. I tidied up ever so slightly for the photo.
Favorites...





Corners...
Ooh, and Santas on parade!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I told you it would be a practically purple free post. LOL! For a complete list of today's participants, please pop over to the blog of our fabulous hostess Heather. Hope you all have a holly jolly week!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it all.. so pretty and magical.

are those candy ribbons in that jar from walmart? i think i have the same ones... they are sooo pretty, aren't they? love them.. trying to figure out what i want to do with mine.

BugnLVoe said...

I adore your Mary Engelbreit tree! :-)

LiLi M. said...

Whow a lot of Christmas at your place! Here in the Netherlands we 'cannot' start before December 5th (our = the real Santa's birthday) with Christmas decorations, but I think in that case December would be too short for you. Thanks for inspiration!

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

You did a beautiful job, thanks for the tour! Merry Christmas!!
Hugs~Kelly

Unknown said...

I love all of your decorations, and I love your Christmas colors with Mary Engelbreit ornaments. Your Christmas is truly a pretty little Christmas.
Merry Christmas,
Karen

Jorgelina said...

Beautiful! The adorable ornaments! A greeting

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

I adore it all! what sweet ornaments and the Vignettes around the house look gorgeous too!! beautiful job!!

Happy Holidays, Cynthia

Lori said...

thanks for sharing your pretty little Christmas!!! it looks very sweet over there!!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful decorations thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays, Esther

Anonymous said...

I can smell the cocoa now! Marshmellows with mine please! You have a truly enchanted cottage!
xoxo
Dollybelle

Sandy said...

I adore those velvet cherries on your Mary E. tree! They look delicious! Merry Christmas!

Bethany said...

Just wonderful all of your decor!!! Soo old fashioned and well done in every detail!!

Sweet Remembrance said...

Loving your ME tree!
Your house is so festive, thanks for sharing!
Priscilla

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

everything is so beautiful!! I LOVE that toy tree, how fun!

Have a merry christmas! thanks for joining the party. xo Heather

Pink Slippers said...

Your tree looks fun!

debber said...

Love all your decorations! What's the name of the china pattern in your kitchen hutch?

cherished*vintage said...

Love your tree(s)! I totally have a things for jars too. hehe Your home looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!
-Karoline

Rochelle said...

Love it all in its red glory!! Beautiful M.E. tree...everything is so Christmasy!

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

So pretty, Melissa! Every corner and every jar :)

Sarah said...

Very pretty! Love all your christmas ornaments!
Sarah
Vintage Lily
www.vintagelily.typepad.com

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a stunning Christmas home you have created!! Love your use of so many jars in your vignettes!!

Happy 2009!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

SueLovesCherries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SueLovesCherries said...

(Sorry, didn't know how to edit a comment, so I just deleted it.)
I absolutely lust over your Mary Engelbreit tree! She's my favorite artist. You've done a magnificent job with your trees and house dec's. You must have a warehouse to store them all in! Thanks for sharing them with us.