Monday, March 31, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
The first photo shows my Macy's merchandise. Surprise, surprise, cupcake supplies and by Martha Stewart to boot! Oh yes, and a sampling from See's Candies...a girl has to keep her strength up while power looking right? For the record I did buy more than one piece of candy...only the production staff (me) got to it before the photo session.
These goodies are from Anthropologie. I'm sure you all have seen these latte bowls before. I know, I know, I'm the last girl on the block to have them, but I had to show them to you anyway! Did I mention I have a monogram fetish? (That's right, move over Laverne De Fazio.) So this hankie was a must have. I asked if I could take pictures of some of the store displays, but was told "No." Such a shame too because they had some FANTASTIC vignettes.
Last, I had to show you my find from Williams Sonoma. Who wouldn't love a cupcake mix in a can? It just looked so fun, I had to have it! I also picked up some of their great Easter things for less than half price! I'll save those for next year's Easter post though. LOL!
Hope your Saturday is filled with a quirky little assortment of things to make you happy!
Hi sweet friends! It's Spring Break here but I had to pop in and say hello. We have had a fun filled week which included a trip to a really wonderful zoo. My baby girl obviously does not have the same aversion to birds that her mommy does. This was one of the first exhibits upon entering and she RAN to see it. I stood back at a "safe" distance to... you know...take the picture. LOL! Trust me, I was ready to bolt if these pink monstrosities even looked at me wrong. Never fear, daddy was close at hand if mommy freaked out. Fortunately no mommies were harmed while obtaining this footage.
She calls them her "pink mingos". We like the sound of that so they are officially "mingos" to us too. Hope you all have a great Friday!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Hi sweet friends! I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. It was cold and cloudy here, so we all had to squeeze in amongst the flower arrangements and bunnies rather than eat outside. We all managed to fit though! LOL!
My sweet friend Natalea tagged me to do the ever popular Blogland game of listing seven random facts about yourself. I'll try not to scare you all off by airing out too much of my crazy at one time. :)
1. I have some definite OCD issues. Let me qualify that statement...I'm the type of girl who has to have every cabinet/closet door shut COMPLETELY. Also no drawer in the house or within my proximity can be ajar. Most importantly, all objects hanging on the wall must be level. That being said, the rest of the house can be in utter ruin so long as those very "important" issues are addressed. LOL!
2.I remember obscure trivia from television/movies/ and life in general. I'm not talking about useful trivia that could help me win big money on Jeopardy, nothing helpful like that. I mean more along the lines of being able to tell you all the words to a song that I had never heard before that was playing in the background of an ABC Friday Night Movie from 1978, you know, IMPORTANT things.
3. Prior to attending college several hundred miles away from my hometown, I had only been away overnight from my family twice in eighteen years. These two times were slumber parties in the fifth grade. That's right, no week away at camp, no youth group retreat, no junior year abroad. I was NOT interested. I have always loved home.
4. Whenever I buy new clothes, I enjoy looking at them with the tags still on them for days, even weeks before I will actually wear them. I have always been this way. I think I like visualizing what it will be like to wear them and the possibilities that go along with that the most. School clothes are a perfect example of this. You get the clothes, but school hasn't started yet so you have to wait and anticipate wearing them.
5. I am addicted to Dr. Pepper, so much so that a twelve step program might be in order.
6. I do not like coffee mugs, they irritate me. I do not like their shape, feel, or flat graphics. I am not a coffee drinker so I really shouldn't care, but I do.
7.I am afraid of birds. Sure, I love beautiful illustrations of them, but if a real one even looks like it's going to fly in my direction I do the duck and run move. If you have ever seen the Hitchcock movie, I would be the girl at the front of the pack screaming the loudest with my hands over my head in surrender. LOL!
So much for not letting my crazy hang out all at once! Hope you all have had a great Monday.
Friday, March 21, 2008
1. M, 2. M S, 3. M, 4. one letter - M, 5. Vintage jars of buttons, 6. Treasures, 7. Pink silverware, 8. Recent Finds, 9. Velvet Ribbon, 10. Vintage Hair Pins, 11. Vintage Ledger Sheets, 12. Glittered Leaves, 13. Studio Storage from Target, 14. Vintage spools with Tickets, 15. Time, 16. Pink Clock, 17. Vintage Clock, 18. vintage alarm clocks, 19. mikey gave me this lovely vintage toy oven :) it's from 1967. so cute!! :), 20. Vintage Supplies..., 21. Italian Florentine Dish, 22. Silver Vintage Rides, 23. vintage button card, 24. Shabby Chic coaster, 25. Old Buttons and Roses, 26. Ladurée macaronMinis, 27. Parcel from Dawn, 28. old flatware, 29. pink market basket, 30. Laduree napkin, 31. Laduree Harrods, 32. Laduree window display, 33. LADUREE TRUCK, 34. Laduree - Harrods, 35. LaDuree Macarons 01, 36. Laduree Paris Macarons
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
The above photo shows the buffet in my dining room. I like to do seasonal displays here. Does anybody out there actually use their buffet as a place to serve food from anymore? These seem to be a hot bed of decorating activity. Move over platters and chaffing dishes, make way for the glittered knickknacks!
This is my dining room table. Okay, so we already know there's no place from which to serve the food and now there is officially no place from which to eat it either!
"Hey, Honey! Set up the card table and folding chairs, Easter dinner is alfresco this year."
Gee, I hope it doesn't snow on Sunday!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
I hope they are well received!
I also wanted to thank so many of you for your overwhelming response to my website! You have almost scooped up all of the Spring charm bracelets I had to offer and are keeping me busy with your custom orders! You all sure know how to make a girl feel special! I appreciate you!
These are the last two!
Hope you all have had a great weekend!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
I love these egg shaped plates and I just had to share them with you. I found them last year at Williams-Sonoma. Each one features a different vintage rabbit image. Here are some close ups.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
I hope to give you a small glimpse of my world and what I hold dear. Collecting and creating are my passions, so you are cordially invited to come along with me as I do both. Your company is always welcome. I have a feeling this is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship.Thank you for stopping by!