Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Flower Faux Pas

Hey sweet friends, I had to pop in and show you a few more of my Easter things. Oprah, if you are reading, please avert your eyes. LOL! Some of you might have seen the Oprah episode where she preaches on the travesty of decorating with artificial flowers. Woe be it unto me, I am a sinner in this area for sure! I love to fluff up and fill in some of my displays with silk arrangements. Moreover, I figure the fake bunnies won't mind the fake flowers, so all is right with the world.
The above photo shows the buffet in my dining room. I like to do seasonal displays here. Does anybody out there actually use their buffet as a place to serve food from anymore? These seem to be a hot bed of decorating activity. Move over platters and chaffing dishes, make way for the glittered knickknacks!
This is my dining room table. Okay, so we already know there's no place from which to serve the food and now there is officially no place from which to eat it either!

"Hey, Honey! Set up the card table and folding chairs, Easter dinner is alfresco this year."

Gee, I hope it doesn't snow on Sunday!

2 comments:

. said...

Oh so pretty and I use fake flowers sometimes. I had no idea we would get into trouble with the o police. lol. Thanks for signing my blog. I also had no idea I wasn't supposed to sell blog banners on esty. OOps. Loving everything you do! Denise

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I tagged you on my blog...come visit!~
xo natalea