Saturday, October 24, 2009

Petticoat Junction


If you have been following my adventures in costume making, you will recall that I am making a poodle skirt for my daughter's Halloween regalia. In order for the skirt to stand out in all its glory, it is necessary to wear a crinoline underneath. Since we had no underpinning such as this at our immediate disposal, I had to construct one from scratch. The result is shown above. I am happy to report I only let one expletive "slip" during the process. Let's hope I can keep it as chaste when I begin work on the actual skirt. For that update, please visit me next Saturday.

For a peek at all things pink both unmentionable and otherwise, twirl over to the blog of our delightful hostess Beverly. You'll be glad you did. Happy Day!

11 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy PS! Doesn't that make for a delightful Pink post?!?!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Cute pink post!

Happy PS!

Nancy said...

That must have been difficult to sew. I sympathize. Too sweet, though. Happy Pink Saturday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, this is going to be so cute! Can't wait to see the final twirl.

Happy Pink Saturday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sue said...

Cute crinny! Holly and I actually each have our own crinny slips. They are vintage and really poof your skirts out good! A basic necessity I would think!
Blessings~LillySue

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is really going to be a wonderful costume. I, alas, must admit to having worn poodle skirts and saddle shoes. We use to starch the crinolines with sugar water. It's amazing we weren't attacked by bees or ants. Have a wonderful Pink Saturday.

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Love this post!



~ Gabriela ~

Claudia said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! Happy Pink Saturday!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi, good job. I know I have said a few colorful words when I sewed through my finger a couple of years ago! Hahaha...anyhow, I wish you the best of luck while sewing!
Blessings,
Debbie

Rebecca said...

Sweet pink post! You'll have to come by and see my Petticoat Junction pink post! Happy PS.

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Char said...

Very sweet and pink too, Happy Pink Saturday, Char