Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dial "V" for Victory

I'm happy to report that all of the Christmas decor is officially stowed away for another year.
You can call off the intervention.
Frosty didn't even put up too much of a fuss, seeing as how the temperature has been in the 70's this week.
As expected, after the last lid was shut on Christmas, the Valentines started clamoring for some shelf time of their own and I had to oblige.
Here are a few of the goodies that are putting in an appearance for the big day.
When I get all the shelves loaded to capacity, I'll give you a pulled back shot of the hutch in all of its glittered heart glory.
I know you probably had no idea that glass jars would be part of my decorating scheme until you scrolled down, right?

7 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

I love decorating for Valentine's and Easter. The colors are great and so much vintage to use.Wendy

Mom IsAmagpie said...

It's a sparkly phone SQUEEE!
Ok serious;y, in the 70's... I am a touch jealous.

Elizabeth said...

Yay, good for you Melissa :) I'm about ready to drag the little I have out for Valentine's day too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I must have worked on that the same day you did! But I don't have any pretty Valentine's stuff out yet! I am enjoying the uncluttered look for a couple of days! Love your pretty things!

Rebecca said...

Love that sparkly phone!
It was so funny this year. I put away all the Christmas decorations and the next day put out my Valentine ones. lol It kinda helped my "blues" from taking down Christmas.

Blessings,
Rebecca

Angela said...

You would think that since my birthday is a few days before Valentines Day that I would decorate for Valentines Day but I really don't think that I have anything. But I will have to confess that I was just at Home Goods Friday and I bought some Easter stuff and it is already out! I think I will get the rest out real soon because I just love my Easter decorations!

Stars Fault said...

Hi Melissa ~ Stopping by from your link on YOC. Your hutch is really cute! My favorite is that picture of the heart with wings.

I gathered all my pink-y, Valentine-y stuff out yesterday and took pictures when the light was good. I'm looking forward to this month's pink theme!

Blessings ~ Eileen @ Star's Fault