Monday, May 19, 2008

There was a young lady who lived in a shoe...

she had so many collections that she kept adding to. She knew that she shouldn't but she persisted her folly. Amassing such lovelies proved to make her quite jolly! Who knew a little shopping would make me wax poetic? I had to show you my Saturday finds! I was browsing through Tuesday Morning and found this adorable tiered tidbit tray. The color may be a little off in the photo, but it is the most wonderful shade of aqua! I don't know if you can see it very well, but the bubble gum pink place mat came from there as well. They came in a set of four and look tufted.
After Tuesday Morning I headed to the antique mall where I found the adorable Shawnee shoe planter. I added the vintage millinery, but I might find a different use for this little shoe later. I came home with this sweet platter too. The pattern is called "Pink Blush" LOVE that! I think it will definitely find a place on my wall.
Now that tidbit tray looked so bare, so I filled it up with some other pretties that needed a good home.
The top tier features this fun charm bracelet. It has so many interesting cars on it. I wish I knew the back story of it all. The spherical charm looks oddly enough like something out of Star Wars. My Sweetie looked at this purchase with new admiration after I pointed out that observation. LOL!
The bottom tier has some yummy vintage earrings that will probably find their way into a charm bracelet soon. I've read on some other blogs that people are making an effort to live by the "One In, One Out" rule, where they get rid of something they already have each time they bring something new into the mix. So I'm wondering...do earrings count as one item or two? Never mind, I'm totally delusional if I think I would have the willpower to follow a rational formula like that! Hope you have an excessively good day...

5 comments:

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

I have that exact tidbit tray!! I love the little shoe, How about putting toothpicks or cotton swabs in it?
oh when it comes to the rule....
it doesnt apply to really good finds, your allowed to keep them all.
smiles,
sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
Such pretties, I am loving the aqua tray. I so need to go shopping, it's been awhile.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Anonymous said...

melissa,

i think we all could find away around the "one in, one out rule"...it doesn't really specify who's thing goes out, and who's comes in does it?

meleen

Sarah said...

ooooh! Tuesday Morning is a bad store to go to BEFORE the antique store! HA! Love all your finds!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Mom IsAmagpie said...

Did anyone ever tell you that you had the best taste ever? Just sayin..
I think you need burnt tulle! It's just lightly singing the edges of the tulle, it gives it an aged look.